|First Release||Dead Rising (2006)|
Dead Rising is an action-adventure, sandbox game published and developed by Capcom.
In each installment, the protagonist finds themselves at the centre of a zombie outbreak, and must discover its origins by completing individual chapters (or "cases", as referred to in-game) in order to progress through the story within a specific amount of in-game time (usually three days). Alternatively, the player can choose to either spend the three days dealing with "psychopaths" (people driven mad by the outbreak); helping free other survivors of the outbreak; killing zombies for the entire time; or, if the player is willing, sit doing nothing in a zombie free area until the timer expires. If the player manages to complete all cases before the timer expires, they will unlock an extended story mode and/or an extra game mode.
The games take place in a large environment, e.g a shopping centre or a Las Vegas strip style area. Players can explore them at their leisure, and can utilize many items found in them as weapons, such as roulette wheels or coat hangers. In the second game, it is also possible to combine various items to form improved weapons. Food found in various areas can also be used to restore health. Players can also change the characters attire with any items of clothing found in the game world.
Connection With All-StarsEdit
- Chuck Greene and Frank West appear as playable characters.
- The stage Willamette Mall is a mash-up between Dead Rising and Resident Evil.
- Isabela Keyes and Katey Greene appear as unlockable minions.
- Jessica McCarney and Brad Garrison appear as downloadable minions.
- Dead Rising - 2006
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - 2010
- Dead Rising 2 - 2010
- Dead Rising 2: Case West - 2011
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record - 2011
- Dead Rising 3 - 2013