Multiversal Invasion is a new DLC mode for PlayStation All-Stars: Fanfiction Royale that involves around a platformer style story mode.
Similar to the Subspace Emissary story mode from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the player takes the role of a character in parts of the story mode. It features unique giant bosses and the threats sent by Polygon Man in his invasion of the PlayStation multiverse.
The story mode starts out with Goku and Naruto fighting in the final match of a Budokai Tenkaichi tournament (the player has the choice who they play as). As soon as the match is over, dimensional voids form within the arena as Neoshadows spawn from them that results in the character that the player picked to fight them off until a boss appears.
- Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
- Asura (Asura's Wrath)
- Serge (Chrono Cross)
- Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
- Goku (Dragon Ball)
- Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
- Yusuke Urameshi (YuYu Hakusho)
Unlockable characters are playable characters that can be unlocked in this mode to use in it.
- Roronoa Zoro (One Piece) - Unlocked through playing half way through this mode.
- Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) - Unlocked after beating him in his boss battle fight.
- Hiei (YuYu Hakusho) - Unlocked after beating him in his boss battle fight.
- Neoshadows (Kingdom Hearts)
- White Zetsu Clones (Naruto)
- Pacifistas (One Piece)
- Haversted Humans (YuYu Hakusho)
- Polygon Man
- Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
- Akuma (Street Fighter)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
- Hiei (YuYu Hakusho)
- Budokai Tenkaichi (Dragon Ball)
- Playable Characters: Goku or Naruto Uzumaki
- Most cutscenes level 3 supers don't work on the minor foes.