|Publisher(s)||Namco, Namco Bandai Games|
|First Release||April 1996|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable|
The Soul series (ソウルシリーズ Sōru shirīzu?) is a weapon-based historical fantasy, fighting game series by Namco (later Namco Bandai Games). There are seven installments of the video game and various media spin-offs, including music albums and a series of manga books. Originally released as an arcade game, and later ported to video game consoles, more recent versions have been released for consoles only and have evolved to include online playing modes. The central motif of the series are mythical swords, the evil weapon called 'Soul Edge' and the subsequent sword used to oppose this evil, 'Soul Calibur'. While the game has developed during its various iterations, some of the characters and elements of the game have remained consistent throughout the series.
Connection with All-StarsEdit
- Nightmare appears as a playable character.
- Tira appears as an unlockable minion.
- Siegfried Schtauffen, Voldo and Ivy appear as DLC minions.
- Soul Edge (PS1) 1996
- Soulcalibur (Dreamcast) 1998
- Soulcalibur II (PS2) 2002
- Soulcalibur III (PS2) 2005
- Soulcalibur Legends (Wii) 2007
- Soulcalibur IV (PS3) 2008
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny (PSP) 2009
- Soulcalibur V (PS3) 2012