- "This sword, Hakurouken, shows the truth."
- —Youmu Konpaku
Youmu Konpaku is a character that originated from the Touhou Project series of Video Games. In recent memory, ZUN (REAL NAME: Jun'ya Ota) approved of fangames in the series, and helped bring them to the Japanese PS4/PSVITA; now making Touhou Project sorta like a Playstation Franchise, in addition to also being a Doujin Franchise. Her in-game rival is Jean Pierre Polnareff.
MACH 70 IS HER SLOWEST IN SWORDSMANSHIP.
Youmu Konpaku is a Half-Human/Half-Phantom entity that is also one of the strangest as well. Instead of being a Hybrid, she is two seperate entities with advantages, and disadvantages for both. Despite her fear of Ghost Stories, she works for Yuyuko Saigyouji as her bodyguard, and is a Gardener, even though she rarely tends to it. She wields two swords as a result of her sensei's teachings, but he disappeared before completion, leaving Youmu to complete her training alone. One can slash through 10 Phantoms, while the shorter one can cleave one of their confusion. Her personality forces her on her own, though, after being made fun of, and being abandoned for overestimating foes. The only exception is Yuyuko, who still seems to care for Youmu to this day...
THE (Canon) LEGACY OF YOUMU KONPAKU
- Perfect Cherry Blossom (2003)
- Immaterial & Missing Power (2004)
- Imperishable Night (2004)
- Phantasmagoria of Flower View (2005)
- Shoot the Bullet (2005)
- Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (2008)
- Touhou Hisoutensoku (2009)
- Ten Desires (2011)
- Hopeless Masquerade (2013) (CAMEO)
- Impossible Spell Card (2014)
- "How long has it been since The Great Hakurei Barrier been set? It seemed even after my birth, such a place like the Outside World MUST have at least evolved somewhat...! I went to my superior, Saigyouji Yuyuko-sama about why Hakurei Reimu should be considered the true hero of Gensokyo. She simply stated she has a greater legacy than anyone else; Youkai even. I then complained that the Hakurei Legacy shouldn't be the only true heroes of Gensokyo's History, and that I shouldn't have trained myself for diddly squat. Yuyuko-sama, with Empathy in her heart, paid me a visit to Yakumo Yukari-Sama, who supported Reimu this whole time, yet never saw a distraught young non-hybrid never truly involved with any affair with Reimu's missions. While Yuyuko-sama explained the Gardener named Konpaku Youmu desired to know the risks involving the Outside World to where others are too much in fear doing so... Yukari-Sama simply smiled, wiped my tears, and stated “If you wanted to be nearly as legendary as Hakurei Reimu-San, you should've consulted me in the first place. Normally Humans of any kind would run away in fear... At least one that is part such has the Valiance to go far enough. However, I can only provide one portal to the Outside World, after that, you're trapped, unless you can find a way back. If you succeed, such a dangerous place won't be as frightful. Make that chance count...” I would go to uncharted territory, but at least some are counting on me to survive... I have alot of work to do to tell the tale, & I don't care if I'm commiting a sin either... I WILL RETURN TO GENSOKYO AS A SURVIVOR!!!"
- —Youmu Konpaku's Monologue
Name: Jean Pierre Polnareff
Reason: As Youmu was practicing her Twin sword style of Fighting, her rival, Jean Pierre Polnareff was about to prepare his stand: Silver Chariot; and attacked, but before anybody could pay attention, Youmu simply slashed Silver Chariot in a Z-Like pattern. However, not only was it fast, it also appeared as if the attack didn't happen at all... Confused how his Stand was beaten without Youmu doing "Anything", Polnareff tried to cower in fear, but Youmu used Hakurouken to remove Polnareff's false emotion, immediately detecting lies from him in an an attempt to regain his Stand, but much too late, as Silver Chariot attacked Youmu. With Youmu prepared for war, Polnareff stated she will regret seeing through his trick and get murdered right now. Youmu got Roukanken, & Hakurouken ready, and the fight begins...
Connection: Both characters have Many physical Traits. Both rivals are sometimes childish/sometimes serious. They have a ghostly companion, Well trained sword skills, and are very fast. Interestingly enough, one of Youmu Konpaku's Palettes in Touhou Hisoutensoku make's her all silver, similar to either Hakumen, or Silver Chariot itself.
- "Out of the blue, I returned to Yukari-Sama's Domain; Ran, Chen, Yuyuko, Yukari-Sama, me even, I mean all of us were shocked. Yukari-Sama was speechless even as to how I returned. I simply stated I dunno myself... Yuyuko, simply hugged me as I probably did just fine. Yukari-Sama asked how was the Outside World. I stated there is actually more than just the Outside World out there, and that such worlds shouldn't be feared by any means, and that discovering such things would not only prove Kochiya Sanae's proof of media's existence, but it would expand our horizons than merely a mountainside. Everyone approved of this notion, everyone except Yakumo Yukari-Sama, who was still skeptical. Before me, She already was probably able to travel across all worlds, including the Ouside Dimensions as I like to call it now. Saigyouji-Sama tried to convince Yukari-Sama about the whole thing, But... What would my Shisho state? Me and my phantom half wondered as to whether or not he'd approve, but I did get something out of all this: a Bluish, White aura that finally elicit a response from my comrades; Yukari-Sama stated they'll think about it overtime. Though she wondered how I got that glow around me. These were my last words before leaving...
"I dunno, but I believe it will allow me to improve on my fencing...""
- —Youmu Konpaku's Monologue
- - (Level 1): TBA
- - (Level 2): TBA
- - (Level 3): TBA (Theme: PCB Youmu's Theme: Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When? (Re-Extended))
Quotes & TauntsEdit
Intros & OutrosEdit
- Lv: 8: Yuyuko
- The picture below is from The Grimoire of Marisa. It is Youmu's Sigil.